- This event has passed.
Semester is coming…
July 18, 2016 - August 1, 2016
There are a number of things you need to do before the beginning of semester to prepare your Blackboard site for teaching. Remembering that students gain access to their Blackboard sites in the week before semester commences, it’s best to run through following list in the next few days to make sure you’re ready.
Site preparation Checklist
- review and organise your content
- remove or hide irrelevant or out-of-date content
- tidy up any duplicate menu items
- check content visibility to students
- update grade centre
- update staff details
- update the link to your course guide
- request access for your tutors
- set up groups
- ensure 1st week’s content/activities is available
- post your welcome message/announcement
- How to: Access your Blackboard course or program
- How to: Build your content structure
- How to: Create a direct link to your course guide
- How to: Create a staff contact
- How to: Customise your site menu
- How to: Move and copy your content
- How to: View your site as a student
… if you can’t find what you need here, try our Blackboard page.
Want help from a human?We’re running drop-in sessions.
19 July – CBD
26 July – Brunswick
28 July – Brunswick
Come along and we’ll give you a hand.
Best of luck with your teaching this coming semester!
Reminder image courtesy of Pixabay under a Public Domain licence. https://pixabay.com/en/reminder-dimensional-control-homily-279903/