Using Gmail, how can I set up a filter that manages the influx of Canvas notifications?
- Put a tick in the checkbox next to an example of the message you want to filter
- Click the More dropdown button on the top menu bar
- Select Filter messages like these
You need to choose text in the subject line or the body of the email that is specific to that particular type of message. So for Message notifications, for example, adding the following into the Subject line field and replacing [course name] with your actual course name will select only the notifications of new messages from that particular course.
- Add into Subject field: ([course name]) just sent you a message
- Click Create filter with this search
- Select the options you wish to apply.
- Recommendation: select Apply the label and create a descriptive label for messages coming from that course.
- Create filter
Can I see my Canvas calendar in Google?
Yes, you can. Follow these instructions to pull your Canvas calendar into Google so you can view it alongside your RMIT calendar.
Can I create repeating events in the Canvas calendar?
Hypothetically Canvas allows instructors to create repeating events in the course calendar (not your personal calendar). However, at the time of writing this is an opt-in feature that has not yet been enabled in the RMIT instance.
Resources & tutorials
- Collaboration and Canvas (Google Drive, Youtube Live, Canvas Events)
- How to: Use the calendar in Canvas