What is the Canvas calendar?
In Canvas, every course and every individual has an associated calendar. You can see all the calendars you have access to by selecting the Calendar link in the global navigation menu. Use the calendar function to keep track of course related events and assessment dates.
- Drag and drop functionality makes it easy to add or change due dates and event times. Any change made is applied automatically everywhere.
- Assignment shells can be created from the calendar and completed later.
- Calendar shows undated events which can be dragged onto the calendar to set the date for events and assignments.
- Can see multiple courses overlaid and shift events and assignments around accordingly.
- Can access the Scheduling tool for making student appointments
- Drag and drop items. This functionality makes it easy to add or change due dates and event times.
- Create assignment shells straight from the calendar.
- Have an ‘agenda listing view’ (not supported in Blackboard).
- Use the rich content editor when creating a calendar entry.
The Canvas Calendar does not allow instructors to:
- To view events ‘by day’.
More help with the Calendar [Canvas Community resources]
- Use the calendar in the early stages of your course build to set assignment dates with reference to other courses you’re teaching or that your students are taking.
- To extend an all day event to multiple days, simple hover over the edge of the event until you get a black arrow cursor, then drag to include the desired days.
- Use your personal calendar to add to-do task reminders for yourself which relate to your course.