By default, Canvas allows students to see a grade distribution graph for each assessment task. This graph displays to students the highest score, the lowest score, and the mean for each assignment, allowing students to visualise how their result compares with that of other students. If you do not wish students to have access to this graph, follow the instructions below:
- Login to Canvas and select the course in which you want to hide the grade distribution graphs.
- Click on Settings at the bottom of the left navigation menu.
- Click on the Course Details tab at the top.
- At the bottom of the list of settings, click the more options link.
- Tick the check box next to the Hide grade distribution graphs from students option.
- Click the blue Update Course Details button.