Do I have to sign off announcements?
Yes, we recommend you to sign off every announcement you post. The reason for this is that when announcements are sent via email and students read them from their inbox, Canvas does not specify who the sender is. The details of the sender can only be viewed if the announcement is being read from within Canvas.
How do I stop students posting replies to announcements?
Adding course content links into announcements
You can add links in your announcements directly to content, assignments or course sections by using the content selector to the right of the rich text editor.
Check out the following guides for further help.
Can I send a message from the gradebook to students who have not yet submitted their assignment?
Resources & tutorials
- Creating (and sticking to!) a communication plan for your course
- How to: Communications in Canvas
- How to: Set notification preferences in Canvas
Coming soon. If there’s something you’d like to see here, let us know.
- Collaboration and Canvas – (Blackboard Collaborate: Ultra Experience)
- Conferences Overview
- How to: use Conferences in Canvas